Just what do I mean when I say "get ready for any emergency?"
Well, it can be just about anything from getting laid off from your job to a hurricane, tornado, or earthquake! If you're getting ready for one thing, you're getting ready for all of it!
I've been asked - "Why should I prepare anyway? Doesn't that mean that I'm expecting something to happen?" Absolutely not! Why shouldn't you prepare?
Has any of the following happened to you or anyone you know?
- You or your spouse loses their job. Now what do you do? (unemployment only lasts so long!)
- Your car breaks down and it's not going to be cheap to fix it!
- Severe storms knock out power for days! (Everything in the fridge spoils! Yuck!)
- Any kind of natural disaster hits your area. What if you have to evacuate? Will you have what you need to keep your family safe for a few days?
- Something happens in your neighborhood and you're told to evacuate immediately. Do you have what you need in your car to help you survive for a couple of days?
- We hear it in the news - a flu pandemic. An extreme scenario might be a quarantine no one comes or goes from their homes - yes it's extreme, but it could happen! What would you do? Would you have enough food to feed your family if something like this happened?
That's why I say "Get Ready!"